Followers

Friday, June 3, 2011

29: Kenny Scharf

When I first saw this blog post, I thought it was stupid (no hard feelings) because I have no interest in 21st century artists; I just like drawing. Since I needed a grade, I looked up famous 21st century artists and found Kenny Scharf. When I first saw the picture of a donut I instantly fell in love with him. It was all due to the fact that I was extremely hungry at the time. As I was looking up his artwork, I noticed how his work is all fun and games (the exact style I do). One thing that makes him unique is his originality. You won't see other artists making donuts in space, that's all him. Another thing that makes him unique is his creativity. Never once did I see any of his artwork work colorless. It's vibrant and catches the eye. Last thing that makes him unique is his "gansterness". What I mean by that is Scharf just does his own thing while he's having fun. I picked him particularly is because I can see myself being an artist that replicates Scharf. Also I really like his artwork. To me, that's one of the most influential 21st century artists in my eye at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment