Followers

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Race & Gender Criticism

I really liked the reading, it was informing and grabbed my attention.
As I was reading it, there were some things I couldn't relate to.
For example, the reading said that art is more towards white, male-dom-
minated Western art. Since I've never critiqued a piece of artwork,
I can't completely agree/disagree with what the reader says. Another thing
I noticed as I was reading was that I was shocked or surprised by
what was being told. I already know white males dominated our society and
women were some of the biggest minorities.


Questions:

Why do people criticise art so much?
Why can't people just accept artist work of art?
If you were an artist, what would you do if someone felt offended by your art work?

No comments:

Post a Comment