Followers

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Post 4: "Sad Face"

In this drawing I noticed more elements of art than principles. However it could be the fact that I haven't fully grasped how principles of art are present in a work of art. Anyways, the two elements I noticed were line and value. I noticed line with the hair. As you can see, the artist sort of used the lines of her hair to cloak her face somewhat.
For value, I saw how the artist shaded certain areas to define them I'm thinking. As it gets closer to the middle of the painting, you see how it turns from black to completely white. The two principles I saw were emphasis and movement. In the painting, I thought the emphasis was in the eye and tears. Both the tears and the eye were really darken
and define since the drawing is called "Sad Face". I say movement because it actually looks like she's crying so I consider that movement.

1 comment:

  1. Comment #2
    Very nice picture, makes me want to recreate it..:)
    Anyways another element i noticed was color, because even though there is one color used due to the shading and darkness of some parts of her hair we can figure were the light is touching, this different hue gives the emphasis you were talking about. Also I found Unity in your picture because of the location of the hair with her face, we can see that it is clearly incorporated in her art.

    ReplyDelete