Followers

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Post #9: The Vodka Rabbit Lounge By UponThouFairCat


In this piece of artwork, the first thing I noticed was hybridity. I noticed this because of the media created within this artwork., to me, that creates conceptual statement. It's not really abstract, obviously, but I can sense some contradictory in this piece. I feel the illusion of the future with the mechanic arm. Also, I get a sense of  china with the various lanterns. From the girls in the picture, I sense popularity and high status from the environment.

The next strategy is layering. Combining all of these feelings into one piece of artwork creates a huge contradictory. From the piece, you can get of feel of being unwanted from the the girl is looking at the mechanic hand. Placing this mechanic hand in the high status and popular area shows layering to me because it's out of place.


1 comment:

  1. -Brittany yes I agree that hybridity and layering is all included in this artwork. As it for me, this picuture can somewhat relate to the future burt this picture has such high class chinese elements to it.

    ReplyDelete