Followers

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Post 16: Carrie Mae Weems

I'm not a fan of Carrie Mae Weems, there's just things about her artwork that is disturbing to me.  So when I had to find an image it wasn't easy at all because none of them related to me whatsoever. But since I need a grade I picked the first one I saw really. One way it relates to me is the mother and daughter relationship. In this artwork the relationship seems distant and not all that strong. That's how my relationship with my own mother is, kinda distant and not so strong. Another thing would be how formal the picture is. Whenever I take family portraits they are always in the same way, but with a sense of happiness behind it. Lastly is that they're black and I'm black : ). Yes, it's a weak comparison, but hey I needed three; so there goes my third one.

No comments:

Post a Comment